- What Program Do I Need to Download and View a T. Rowe Price Form, Statement, or Prospectus?
- How Do I Download and Install Adobe Acrobat Reader™?
- I Clicked on the Download the Form or Download Prospectus Button and Now See a Blank Page. How Do I View the Information?
- How Do I View the Form, Statement, or Prospectus That I Downloaded?
- How Do I Complete the Form That I Downloaded?
- How Do I Complete a Fillable PDF?
The forms, statements, and prospectuses available for download from the T. Rowe Price website use Adobe Acrobat files and may be viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader. The current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader requires a computer with the following minimum system requirements:
|Intel® Pentium® processor||PowerPC G3 processor|
|Microsoft® Windows® 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT® 4.0 with Service Pack 6 or later, Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2 or later, Windows XP Professional or Home Edition||Mac OS X v.10.2.2-10.3|
|32 MB of RAM (64 MB recommended)||32 MB of RAM with virtual memory on (64 MB recommended)|
|60 MB of available hard disk space||70 MB of available hard disk space|
Previous versions of the Adobe Acrobat Reader are available from the Adobe website for use with older computer software such as Windows 95™ or Macintosh OS 9™.
|1. After you have read these instructions, click the item below titled Acrobat Reader download site.||1. After you have read these instructions, click the item below titled Acrobat Reader download site.|
|2. On the resulting page, choose the download appropriate for your operating system.||2. On the resulting page, choose the download appropriate for your operating system.|
|3. Choose the option Save the program to disk if prompted.||3. The system will then prompt you to save the file. Note the file name and save the file.|
|4. Click the Save button to begin the download process, making note of the file name and location.||4. Once the download is complete, double-click on the file to run the installation.|
|5. When the download is complete, use the location noted earlier to locate the file.||5. Follow the on-screen instructions.|
|6. Double-click on the file to begin the process of installing Adobe Acrobat Reader.||6. Adobe Acrobat Reader has now been successfully installed.|
|7. Follow the on-screen instructions.|
|8. Adobe Acrobat Reader has now been successfully installed.|
You may also view more extensive Acrobat Viewer information at the Adobe site.
This may indicate a problem with viewing the form directly through the Web browser. The browser may not be capable of displaying the document online due to an incompatibility with Adobe Acrobat Reader. This problem can be resolved by downloading the form before viewing it. The document may then be saved on the hard drive and viewed successfully.
|1. Choose the form, statement, or prospectus to download.||1. Choose the form, statement, or prospectus to download.|
|2. While holding down the Shift key on the keyboard, click on Download Prospectus or Download the Form, or the active statement link located to the right of each online statement.||2. While holding down the Control key on the keyboard, click on Download Prospectus, Download the Form, or the active statement link located to the right of each online statement.|
|3. Click Save at the next prompt if necessary, then choose a location to save the file to, such as Desktop.||3. A menu will appear. Choose the item labeled Download Link to Disk, or Save Link Target As....|
|4. When the download is complete, go to the location, double-click on the file, and it will open in Adobe Acrobat Reader.||4. Choose a location to save the file to, such as Desktop, and click the Save button.|
|5. When the download is complete, go to the location, double-click on the file, and it will open in Adobe Acrobat Reader.|
When the form, statement, or prospectus was downloaded, it was saved as a file on the computer's hard drive. If the location of the saved file is known, it may be accessed by double-clicking on the file to start the Adobe Acrobat Reader and viewing the downloaded form or prospectus. However, if the file is not found in the expected folder, a search will be necessary to locate the downloaded file. Macintosh and Windows computers both have the ability to find files located on the hard drive. The following procedure may be used to search for the form, statement, or prospectus that was downloaded.
|1. Click the Start button, and choose the Find option. Then choose Files or Folders.||1. Click on the File menu, and choose Find.|
|2. In the Named: box, type *.pdf.||2. Type .pdf in the empty box.|
|3. Click the Find Now button.||3. Click the Find button.|
|4. A list of downloaded forms and prospectuses will appear in addition to any other PDF files that are on your computer.||4. A list of downloaded forms and prospectuses will appear in addition to any other PDF files that are on your computer.|
|5. Double-click on the form or prospectus to be viewed.||5. Double-click on the form or prospectus to be viewed.|
To complete the form that was downloaded, the form must be opened using Adobe Acrobat Reader and then printed. Make sure the printer is connected to the computer and the power to the printer is turned on. Choose the File option from Adobe Acrobat Reader and then choose Print. The printed form may then be completed and mailed to T. Rowe Price. Currently, the form may not be submitted electronically.
T. Rowe Price offers fillable PDF documents that allow you to enter information directly from your PC. Once you have completed the form, you can print and mail it.
To use the fillable forms:
- Open the PDF form.
- Select the hand tool from the Acrobat toolbar menu.
- Move the hand pointer inside a form field. Click when it changes to an I-beam pointer.
- The I-beam pointer allows you to type text.
- The arrow pointer allows you to select a field or check a box.
- Press Tab to accept the information you have typed and go to the next field.
- Press Shift + Tab to accept the information you have typed and go to the previous field.
- You may also use your mouse to move from field to field. Note: You cannot access the check boxes using the Tab key. You must click on the check-box fields with the arrow pointer.
- When you have completed the form, print as usual. Note: There is no validation or verification of the information you enter, and you are still responsible for entering all required information. Your signature needs to be handwritten on the form.
If you want, you may save PDF fillable form files to your hard drive using the following steps. The data you enter into the fillable fields can be saved only if you have the entire Adobe Acrobat software package.
- Choose the form, statement, or prospectus to download.
- While holding the Shift key (or the Control key on a Macintosh) on the keyboard, click the PDF icon or click on the link located to the right of the form, statement, or prospectus.
- Choose a location to save the file to, such as Desktop.
- Double-click on the file, and the Adobe Acrobat Reader will open the form.
- Fill in the form and print out when complete.