Explore your options
Select a Retirement Fund
Start your rollover
If you have an old employer-sponsored plan, a Rollover IRA is one of several options for managing your retirement assets.
Account Service Fee
An annual fee of $20 will be charged for each T. Rowe Price mutual fund account with a balance below $10,000. The account service fee, which is intended to help offset the relatively higher costs associated with servicing lower balance accounts, will be automatically deducted from the account's assets. Investors may qualify for a waiver of the account service fee in any of the following three ways:
- Subscribe to electronic delivery of statements, confirmations, and prospectuses and shareholder reports;
- Maintain an individual combined balance of $50,000 or more for all T. Rowe Price accounts (including mutual funds, Brokerage, Variable Annuity, and Small Business Retirement Plans); or
- Qualify for T. Rowe Price Select Client Services based on higher asset levels of $100,000 or more.
Is a rollover right for you?
Ready to get started?
- Call us at 866-294-5526. We'll help make the rollover process easy by handling all the paperwork with your current 401(k) provider.
When you're ready to transfer your IRA to T. Rowe Price, we make it easy.
We'll help you select a set of mutual funds to best meet your investing needs and handle most of the paperwork too.
When you roll over your 401(k) or 403(b) to a T. Rowe Price IRA, you get:
- Low-cost investments: Over 80% of our funds for individual investors have expense ratios below their peer category averages.1 Keep in mind that an IRA may be subject to an annual fee, and a fee may be assessed if the IRA is closed.
- Proven performance: 100% of our Retirement Funds beat their 10-year Lipper average as of 3/31/16.** Results will vary for other periods. Past performance cannot guarantee future results.
When you invest with T. Rowe Price, you get:
Free consultation with a financial professional
Talk to us about your financial goals. Whether you are looking for a second opinion or helping bring clarity to your retirement picture, our goal is to help you make confident decisions based on your own financial goals.
Account setup assistance
We'll help make the rollover process easy by handling all the paperwork with your current 401(k) provider.
100% of our Retirement Funds beat their 10-year Lipper average as of 3/31/16.** We also offer over 100 no-load mutual funds. Of course, past performance cannot guarantee future results.
We offer a wide range of low-cost, no-load investments. Keep in mind that an IRA may be subject to an annual fee, and a fee may be assessed if the IRA is closed.
Disciplined investment approach
With over 75 years of experience as an active investment manager, we rely on a disciplined approach rooted in proprietary fundamental research to help clients reach their financial goals.
Ready to get started?
- Call a T. Rowe Price specialist at 866-294-5526
- Which individual investments combine to meet your investing needs
- How to manage your portfolio to suit your personal style
We’re here to help along the way. Call us at 866-294-5526.
Our rollover specialist will help you:
- Complete the necessary paperwork
- Contact your former employer and arrange to roll over your assets
- Help determine which rollover option is right for you
Rolling over or transferring $100,000+
You're eligible for exclusive benefits and enhanced service. Learn more.
*Consider all available options, which include remaining with your current retirement plan, rolling over into a new employer's plan or IRA, or cashing out the account value.
The principal value of the Retirement Funds is not guaranteed at any time, including at or after the target date, which is the approximate year an investor plans to retire (assumed to be age 65) and likely stop making new investments in the fund. If an investor plans to retire significantly earlier or later than age 65, the funds may not be an appropriate investment even if the investor is retiring on or near the target date. The funds' allocations among a broad range of underlying T. Rowe Price stock and bond funds will change over time. The funds emphasize potential capital appreciation during the early phases of retirement asset accumulation, balance the need for appreciation with the need for income as retirement approaches, and focus on supporting an income stream over a long-term postretirement withdrawal horizon. The funds are not designed for a lump-sum redemption at the target date and do not guarantee a particular level of income. The funds maintain a substantial allocation to equities both prior to and after the target date, which can result in greater volatility over shorter time horizons. Diversification cannot assure a profit or protect against loss in a declining market.
1Source: Lipper Inc. 172 of 213 funds (excluding institutional and bank institutional funds as defined by Lipper) more than 6 months old had expense ratios below their Lipper averages based on fiscal year-end data available as of 3/31/16.
**20 of our 36 Retirement Funds had a 10 year track record as of 3/31/16.(Includes all share classes.) All 20 of these 20 funds (100%) beat their Lipper averages for the 10 year period. 36 of 36, 36 of 36, and 36 of 36 of the Retirement Funds outperformed their Lipper average for the 1-, 3-, 5-year periods ended 3/31/16, respectively. Calculations based on cumulative total return. Not all funds outperformed for all periods. (Source for data: Lipper Inc.)