We offer more than 90 low-cost mutual funds that let you invest in stocks, bonds, money markets, and international securities. These funds benefit from our proven management style that seeks consistent long-term returns while attempting to reduce risk. Use our Investing in T. Rowe Price Funds guide to help you determine the T. Rowe Price mutual funds that best fit your investment approach.
College savings plans are a smart way to save for rising education costs. Any growth of your contributions is tax-deferred, and withdrawals are federal tax-free if they're used to pay qualified educational expenses. The account assets can be used at any eligible public college, private university, or graduate school in the country. College savings plans also give you:
- Complete control over your money: You control the plan assets until they're withdrawn, and you can change beneficiaries later if you like.
- Investment options: You can choose to invest in a range of professionally managed portfolios.
- Freedom to contribute: You can open an account for anyone—there are no limits based on age, income, or your relationship to the beneficiary.
Earnings on a distribution not used for qualified expenses may be subject to income taxes and a 10% federal penalty. Please note that the availability of tax or other benefits may be conditioned on meeting certain requirements such as residency, purpose for or timing of distributions, or other factors, as applicable.
Please call 800-369-3641 or visit troweprice.com/college to request a plan disclosure document, which includes investment objectives, risks, fees, expenses, and other information that you should read and consider carefully before investing. Consider, before investing, whether your or your beneficiary's home state offers any state tax or other benefits that are only available for investments in that state's plan.
T. Rowe Price manages three qualified tuition programs, commonly referred to as 529 plans.
If you're considering donating your RMD to charity, you may appreciate the simplicity and convenience offered by The T. Rowe Price Program for Charitable GivingSM, a national donor-advised fund. When you receive your distribution, you can contribute at any time to this donor-advised fund. Program contributions are deductible up to allowable IRS limits in the year you make them.
Here's how the Program works:
- Your contribution of cash or long-term appreciated securities establishes your Program account.
- You decide how your contributions are invested among six investment pools managed by T. Rowe Price with the potential to grow.
- When you want to support your favorite causes, simply recommend a grant distribution from your Program account.
A Program account has the added advantage of allowing you to name friends, family members, or trusted professionals as advisors. You can also carry on your tradition of charitable giving beyond your lifetime by naming individuals as successors to your account or beneficiary organizations to receive your account balance.
The T. Rowe Price Program for Charitable GivingSM is an independent nonprofit corporation and donor-advised fund founded by T. Rowe Price to assist individuals with planning and managing their charitable giving.