Which IRA is right for you?
Roth IRA Tax-free growth potential.
- No age restrictions, but you must have earned income in order to make Roth IRA contributions.
- For tax year 2013: May not be eligible if your income is over $127,000 for single filers and $188,000 for joint filers.
- For tax year 2014: May not be eligible if your income is over $129,000 for single filers and $191,000 for joint filers.
Traditional IRA Tax-deferred growth potential.
- You must be under
- Must have earned income but there are
no income limits.
- For tax years 2013 and 2014 contributions may be tax deductible if you meet income and eligibility requirements.
Roth IRA vs. Traditional IRA Selection Tool
Complete the four-step questionnaire to help select the IRA that best meets your needs.