- What does the service provide?
- Who is eligible for Advisory Planning Services?
- What is the value of the Advisory Planning Team's oversight in the advice process?
- How much does it cost?
- Can I include my spouse or partner?
- Does the service take into account assets held outside of T. Rowe Price?
- How long does the process take?
- Will T. Rowe Price manage my assets through its Advisory Planning Services?
- Can the process include my financial advisor?
- As I prepare for important life changes, when should I contact T. Rowe Price to review my current strategy?
- How long before I retire should I consider my transition strategy?
A personalized analysis, strategy, and action plan which includes a complete portfolio evaluation and assistance with implementing your plan. You will also have access to our Advisory experts and ongoing Advisory Checkups which are available online soon after you have reviewed your Recommendation with an Advisory Counselor. Get started.
Depending on your goals, you will also receive suggestions for savings objectives, retirement timeframes and retirement income management strategies. Goal-based solutions.
Advisory Planning Services are only available for investors who have $100,000 or more in investable assets (at T. Rowe Price or elsewhere) and who seek low-cost advice and solutions for complex planning needs. These services help investors achieve long-term investment and retirement goals with a personalized strategy recommendation, ongoing advice, and dedicated service from our Advisory Client Manager team.
Our team offers multi-disciplined expertise based on over 75 years of investment experience. This expertise, coupled with state-of-the art technology, enables us to address your specific needs with personalized advice and solutions. Another advantage of working with T. Rowe Price: You receive advice from salaried professionals, not commissioned salespeople.
The one–time $250 fee is waived for investors meeting certain criteria related to assets invested with T. Rowe Price and for certain account types (please see the Fiduciary Adviser Disclosure document for ERISA accounts, including IRA account holders). After you complete the Client Profile, you will be notified if you meet the waiver criteria. Get started.
For more information regarding the waiver criteria, please contact us at
Following your initial Recommendation, you will continue to enjoy personalized advice and solutions throughout your Advisory Planning Services relationship at no additional cost.
Yes, you can get the overall picture for both of you and your combined assets. One of you must be the primary client. Get started.
When evaluating your portfolio, we include any assets you have identified for retirement investing. If your portfolio needs adjusting, we will provide objective recommendations about the asset categories involved (e.g., international bonds) and suggest the T. Rowe Price funds that would be most appropriate. You are always free to invest as you wish. Explore our funds.
The entire process should take about 2 hours of your time:
- Complete the Client Profile which may take about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Consult with an Advisory Counselor to discuss your goals and situation which may take about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Expect to receive your recommendation soon after speaking to an Advisory Counselor.
- Review your recommendation with your Advisory Counselor and decide upon next steps which may take about 30 to 45 minutes.
We offer personalized solutions and help with implementing any desired changes to your strategies and your portfolio. However, we do not actively manage your assets. You remain in full control of all investment decisions. Get started.
You may work with someone at T. Rowe Price, an outside professional, or simply follow your action plan steps on your own. Get started.
You can contact the T. Rowe Price Advisory Planning Team at any time to discuss important life changes that may impact your financial situation. As an Advisory Planning Services client, you enjoy ongoing advice and solutions that help you adjust your investment and planning strategies based on your evolving needs. Our complimentary Advisory Checkups, available online, let you see if your recommended strategy is on track to reach your financial goals and if any adjustments are needed.** You can access your Advisory Checkup after you have reviewed your Recommendation with an Advisory Counselor.
**A printed copy of your Advisory Checkup is available annually upon request.
T. Rowe Price recommends that you begin developing a transition strategy for your retirement assets as early as five years prior to your anticipated retirement age. This gives you time to determine if you may need to work a little longer than you had planned in order to accumulate the wealth required for annual withdrawals that meet your needs.