Enjoy personalized advice that truly reflects your needs.
T. Rowe Price Advisory Planning Services will help you determine if you're on track for a comfortable retirement, how to get on track, and how to stay on track. (Or simply how to align your portfolio with your goals.)
Understanding your situation is more important than ever, because people are living longer than ever. Many spend nearly a third of their lives in retirement.
Unfortunately, many people underestimate how much money they need to save and overestimate how much income they can draw from their assets in retirement. It's better to address these issues sooner rather than later.
- One-On-One Service Right From the Start
- More Sophisticated Analysis for More Realistic Results
- Specific Advice About Your Portfolio
- An Affordable Service That may Even Be Free
- Easy Rollover of Your IRA or 401(k)
Our comprehensive, step-by-step process ensures that we address your needs.
- You complete a Client Profile that reflects your current financial situation and goals.
- We examine your Profile and call you to review it before proceeding.
- We evaluate your portfolio—assets held at T. Rowe Price and elsewhere.
- You receive a written Recommendation, complete from analysis, to strategy, to action plan, based on parameters established by our Certified Financial PlannersTM.
- We review your Recommendation with you by phone.
- We assist you with implementing your action plan, if you wish.
- You receive automatic access to ongoing Advisory Checkups to help you stay on track. You may access your Checkup online after you have reviewed your Recommendation with an Advisory Counselor. View a step-by-step, interactive demo of an online checkup.
There are no additional charges or fees. Our service continues for as long as you choose to remain an Advisory Planning Services client.
Most generic planning tools assume one average rate of return for your assets—a rate for stocks, a rate for bonds, etc. The problem is, returns vary from year to year, and the sequence of returns can have a significant effect on your portfolio.
Instead, our proprietary process uses Monte Carlo Analysis, which looks at 1,000 possible market scenarios and considers fluctuating returns on a monthly, not annual, basis—resulting in more realistic projections.
Our advice also takes into account inflation and other financial planning issues not addressed by shortcut methods. We help you weigh the many—often competing—goals you have for your money. When to retire, the income you'll want, asset preservation, short-term needs—we take them all into account.
Once we understand your needs, we make suggestions based on model portfolios designed to balance risk and return potential. If your current portfolio needs adjusting to match the model, we will:
- Recommend changing the amount of holdings in certain types of investments—for example, large-cap stocks.
- Tell you about T. Rowe Price funds that fit your investment goals. You may wish to take advantage of the proven performance and low expenses of our funds, which have attracted nearly three million investors.
As always, any investment decision is up to you.
The one time fee for our Advisory Planning Services is just $250, which includes ongoing Advisory Checkups, available online. View our step-by-step, interactive demo.
In fact, the service may be free for you. The one time $250 fee is waived for investors meeting certain criteria related to assets invested with T. Rowe Price and for certain account types (please see the Fiduciary Adviser Disclosure document for ERISA accounts, including IRA account holders). After you complete your profile, you will be notified if you meet the waiver criteria.
For more information regarding the waiver criteria, please contact us at
These services are only available for investors with $100,000 or more in investable assets at T. Rowe Price or elsewhere. We invite investors with less than $100,000 to take advantage of our free resources, including helpful tools and calculators.
A large part or even all of your retirement assets may be in an IRA or a former employer's 401(k) plan. We make it easy to roll over your assets into a T. Rowe Price IRA. Benefits include:
- Continued tax deferred investing with no penalties.
- A wide range of low-cost investment options.
- Free automatic distributions to your checking account when you begin making withdrawals—including required minimum distributions (RMDs) when you reach age 70½.
T. Rowe Price IRAs are available whether or not you use our Advisory Planning Services.