View sample T. Rowe Price tax forms and selected IRS tax forms and publications that may help with the preparation of your taxes.
These tax forms from T. Rowe Price are samples of what are mailed to you containing your specific tax information.
- 1099-DIV: Dividends and Distributions
Form 1099-DIV reports income and capital gains distributions from your taxable mutual fund accounts.
- NEW! 1099-B: Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions
Form 1099-B reports redemptions and exchanges from your non-money market, non-retirement accounts for the year. New cost basis regulations require transactions to be listed in five new sections—instead of one section. The new sections are: 1. Short-term transactions for which basis is reported to the IRS; 2. Short-term transactions for which basis is not reported to the IRS; 3. Long-term transactions for which basis is reported to the IRS; 4. Long-term transactions for which basis is not reported to the IRS; and 5. Transactions for which basis is not reported to the IRS and for which short-term or long-term determination is unknown (to Broker).
- 1099-R: Distributions from Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.
Form 1099-R reports distributions from retirement or profit sharing plans, IRAs, insurance contracts, and IRA recharacterizations.
- 1099-Q: Payments from Qualified Education Programs (Under Sections 529 and 530)
Form 1099-Q reports tax information on distributions from your qualified education programs.
- 5498: IRA Contribution Information
Form 5498 reports contributions, including any catch-up contributions, and the fair market value of your IRA.
Links to helpful federal tax forms and publications.
- Form 1040: U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- Form 1040: Instructions
- Form 1040: Schedule A: Itemized Deductions
- Form 1040: Schedule B: Interest and Ordinary Dividends
- Form 1040: Schedule D: Capital Gains and Losses
- Form 8949: Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets
- Form 1040A: U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- Form 1040A: Instructions
- Form 1040X: Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- Form 1040X: Instructions
- Form 4868: Automatic Extension to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
- Publication 17: Your Federal Income Tax Guide
- Form 6251: Alternative Minimum Tax—Individuals
- Form 1116: Foreign Tax Credit
- Form 1116: Instructions for Foreign Tax Credit for Individuals
- Form W-9: Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
- Form 8615: Tax for Certain Children Who Have Investment Income of More Than $1,900
- Form 8814: Parents' Election to Report Child's Interest and Dividends
- Publication 929: Tax Rules for Children & Dependents
- Form 8606: Nondeductible IRAs
- Form 8606: Instructions
- Form 5329: Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans (Including IRAs) and Other Tax-Favored Accounts
- Form 5329: Instructions
- Publication 590: Individual Retirement Accounts
- Publication 550: Investment Income and Expenses (Including Capital Gains and Losses)
- Publication 970: Tax Benefits for Education