Convenient Fund-of-Funds Solution
- Incorporates appropriate asset allocation, rebalancing, and investment management in a single fund.
MANAGED TO AND THROUGH RETIREMENT
- While your retirement may begin at age 65, the T. Rowe Price target date funds are designed to be carried with you throughout retirement.
SEEKS TO THOUGHTFULLY BALANCE RETIREMENT RISKS
Our funds seek to balance their exposure to three variables that can cause you to run out of money in retirement:
1. Market volatility—the chance that your portfolio's value will decline due to market losses.
2. Inflation—the chance that inflation will reduce the purchasing power of your savings.
3. Longevity—the chance that you will outlive your savings.
ASSET ALLOCATION ADJUSTS OVER TIME
- Allocation to stocks and bonds changes gradually over time (commonly referred to as the glide path).
- We offer you two investment options that feature different allocations to equities along the glide path. Learn more about the key differences between the target date funds.
INSTANT PORTFOLIO DIVERSIFICATION
- Each fund invests in a wide array of T. Rowe Price funds that represent various asset classes and investment styles. Keep in mind, diversification cannot assure a profit or protect against loss in a declining market.
- We don't charge additional management or "wrap" fees. The target date funds bear the weighted average cost of the underlying funds' expense ratios.
ONGOING ACTIVE MANAGEMENT
- Each underlying investment is actively managed by professional and well-tenured investment staff.
- Ongoing modest tactical asset allocation adjustments are made to the retirement date funds to reflect our market outlook—at no additional cost to you.